PFVFR OPEN HOUSE!
Saturday, October 14th, 2017 1pm to 4pm
Providence Forge Volunteer Fire & Rescue is holding their annual open house. We are non-profit organization that enjoys doing this every year for families to come out to the fire house and have some fun together. At the fire house we are one big family, so we love having our extended public family to come out and see us! It’s fire prevention week, we would like to also take this opportunity to educate children and their families on safety! This years theme is Every Second counts: Plan 2 ways out. We will have plenty of vendors, a bounce house, free food, and many other things for everyone to enjoy! This event is completely free. Donations will be welcomed.
This is also a time were anyone who has thought about joining a volunteer fire & rescue organization, we will be happy to get you started to join us!
Find our event on our Facebook page also!
Hope to see everyone there!
Fire Prevention Week
In a fire, seconds count. Seconds can mean the difference between residents of our community escaping safely from a fire or having their lives end in tragedy.
That’s why this year’s Fire Prevention Week theme: “Every Second Counts: Plan 2 Ways Out!” is so important. It reinforces why everyone needs to have an escape plan. Here’s this year’s key campaign messages:
- Draw a map of your home with all members of your household, marking two exits from each room and a path to the outside from each exit.
- Practice your home fire drill twice a year. Conduct one at night and one during the day with everyone in your home, and practice using different ways out.
- Teach children how to escape on their own in case you can’t help them.
- Make sure the number of your home is clearly marked and easy for the fire department to find.
- Close doors behind you as you leave – this may slow the spread of smoke, heat, and fire.
- Once you get outside, stay outside. Never go back inside a burning building.